You must generate Twilio-specific phone numbers for users that belong to the designated teams to accept inbound leads.
- On the left navigation, click Leads & Contacts > Lead Management > Lead Settings.
- Under Phone Settings, click Edit.
- Use the search bar to find specific users.
- Search by first name and/or last name.
- Check the box next to the users’ names. You can generate numbers for multiple users at once.
- Click Generate Numbers.
- A pop-up box appears.
- Check the box next to the appropriate area code preference:
- Match Cell Phone Area Code
- Company Defined – Allows you to create your own area code. If selected, input your three digit area code.
- Click Generate Numbers when complete.
- A soft phone number appears under that contact when in Phone Settings.
It is best practice to generate the phone numbers of your team members before you create your workflow. Some team members may already have numbers generated for their accounts, but you should double-check before adding your team(s) to your workflow.